POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Portal Pigment - Portal pigment.jpeg (1/1) : Re: Portal Pigment - Portal pigment.jpeg (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal Pigment - Portal pigment.jpeg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Jan 2001 19:33:25
Message: <chrishuff-06C755.19343121012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6b6f16@news.povray.org>, "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet>
wrote:

> Would you also be able (for some nice fx) to apply it as a normal-map ???
> or "something like" a slope-map ???
> so that I can color the pigment in another way than in the original scene
> ???
> to get some effects like the attached img ... (of course, this one was
> done in PaintshopPro)..

This really has nothing to do with normals, it is a pigment...are you
asking about a pattern version of this that takes the grayscale value of
the color as the value of the pattern? Or are you talking about filters
for the output of the pigment, similar to some of the post_process
filters?
You will be able to affect the general color of objects seen through the
portal with transmit and filter keywords, but for more than that you
might have to layer textures or even objects. Maybe what you want could
be done as a generalized filter that will work on all pigments...but
that would be a different patch.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><